Step 1: Initial Checklist
Before beginning the necessary steps to prepare your business for government contracting opportunities, determine if your company is ready.
- Are you an established business?
- Are you a Minority business Enterprise (MBE)?
- Do you have a business plan that includes government contracting as a growth strategy?
- Have you done market research to determine the government’s demand for your product or service?
- Will your company’s cash flow be compatible with government payment cycles?
- Does your company have a history of sales or, an experienced team in this line of work?
If you have answered “no” to any of these questions, consider the other resources available at the Hawai’i SBDC.